I love finding out about my clients when we meet and I am a question asker! It always helps to get to know people in order to help find dream homes! I’m always amazed at how interesting peoples lives are that come in to my life. If you are wondering what lies beneath me, here are a few random and quirky things about me that alot of my friends don’t even know!
- My first car was a 1969 Dodge Coronet which led quickly to a 1962 Chevrolet Impala (which is still probably on the road today. I don’t think it will ever die.)
- I have a gigantic fear of dump trucks—See # 1 and the reason for the 1962 Chevrolet Impala is this is the consolation car after the Dodge was totaled only 6 weeks after getting it. Thankfully, I walked away from a dump truck running a red light at over 50 MPH at a 6 lane intersection. This will explain the Dump Truck Trust Issues I have…lol
- I have an original Barbie. I never loved them but my older sisters were probably just too old to play with dolls when they came out so I got one at their urging.
- I lost my 2 best childhood friends at the age of 21. This affected me profoundly for years, and still does. I don’t take people I care about for granted. God brings some home early.
- I believe Fear and faith can’t dwell in the same place.
- I believe in prayer
- I believe in miracles. See #2
- I have done some insanely stupid things.
- I was a last-ditch effort for a boy and my name was supposed to be Bernard. My dad still wanted to name me that and call me Bernie but my mom won out because she tried to name my two older sisters Tisa, but no one would let her. Your welcome, sisters with normal names.
- I play the piano by ear and have since I was 3 years old. Goes to show it is a gift, not something that was learned.
- One of my biggest regrets is wasted talent…refer to previous.
- My father was an artist, musician, and songwriter— although he never worked at that craft for a living. I love art and love being creative. Thanks Daddy! (Girls in the south call their fathers Daddy, for life.)
- I was born and raised in Nashville which makes me proud. I am kind of like a ‘pink zebra’; not many native Nashvillians roaming around anymore.
- I started my real estate career as a Girl Friday in commercial real estate construction, leasing, and property management in Brentwood.
- Being a Grandmother is one of my most proud titles and one of the things I am most grateful for.
- My first job I worked at the local Dairy Queen. I still have a soft spot for Dairy Queen milkshakes. I was so glad when I found out they are a Berkshire Hathaway Company also!
- I have a mild obsession with Meghan Trainer. I love how a “Nantucket” girl can come to music city and hit it big —-not in country music.
- Just in case you’re wondering, I like country music…and classical music…and contemporary Christian music…and hip hop, some rap, reggae…Ok, I like MOST music!
- I love Ann Voscamp’s 1000 Gifts. It changed my life. You should read it also.
- I have AS. It doesn’t define me but I have known some serious pain. I am grateful that it is no longer the case but have great empathy for chronic pain sufferers.
- I love birds—all kinds of beautiful birds. We used to have a cockatiel and my mother accidentally let him outside. He lived in the wild for about 5 days and then decided he would rather have the comforts of our sweet little nest. Don’t we all love our sweet little nests?
- I love the Caribbean. There is only one island so far that I would never visit again. You’ll have to ask me about that trip when you see me.
- I’m a tried and true native who works hard for my clients!
- I dance and sing daily and think that is just fine and encourage others to do the same.
- I am left-handed. They say only about 10% of the world’s population is left-handed. Who knew!
Real estate is personal. That’s why it helps to get to know my very important people. Have a wonderful day!
When it’s about real estate, Talk to Tisa